I thought it’d be fun to do a Spring book tag and I have seen this one going about so I thought I’d do it. This book tag is called ‘Spring Has Sprung’ Book Tag and the original booktube video can be found here.
1. Flowers: All the flowers we remember are blooming again. Pick a book that’s a fresh take on a retelling.
Cinder by Marissa Meyer – I haven’t read many retellings so my options were limited for this question.
2. Cadbury Mini Eggs: Obviously the superior springtime candy of choice. Pick a book that you consider to be a sweet treat.
A Sky Painted Gold and Under A Dancing Star by Laura Wood – I’ve cheated by picking two books for this question but I enjoyed these books a lot and I think the stories in them are sweet and beautifully written and I’d highly recommend them.
3. Allergies: Seasonal allergies often make your eyes water. Pick a book that made you cry.
The Air You Breathe by Frances de Pontes Peebles – I loved this book and it was one of my favourite reads of last year. I feel like I’ve heard no one talk about it which is a shame since it’s such a great book with emotionally charged writing.
4. Spring Cleaning: Out with the old and in with the new. Pick a book to unhaul.
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater – I have the first three books in this series and although I liked the first one, I didn’t enjoy the others as much.
5. Spring Break: It’s the perfect time for an adventure. Pick a book involving a road trip.
The Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare and Wesley Chu – This book isn’t centred on a road trip but Alec and Magnus do travel a lot in it so I think it counts for this question.
6. Mating Season: It’s that time of year in the animal kingdom to make some babies. Pick a book with some smutty delights.
Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost – I loved this series, it’s a great adult urban fantasy series and one of my favourite vampire series’.
7. Rainbows: I just feel like Spring is made of freaking rainbows. Pick a book featuring an LGBTQ+ character(s).
The Diviners by Libba Bray and I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman – Again I cheated by picking two books for this question but I couldn’t help it, I loved both these books.
8. Spring Awakening: Pick a book that’s also filled with completely dysfunctional characters.
In the Company of Killers series by J.A. Redmerski – The characters in this series are cold blooded killers and they are all so dysfunctional but they also make the books so interesting to read.
9. In like a lion, out like a lamb: Pick a book series that didn’t get better as it progressed.
Kingmaker Chronicles by Amanda Bouchet – I liked the first book in this series and thought it might be a new favourite series of mine but I felt like the sequel wasn’t as good.
10. Fun in the Sun: Tag some Friends!
I tag whoever feels like doing this tag! 😀
What would be some of your answers to these questions?