October is the time for all the spooky books so I thought I’d recommend you some books that I think would be great to read at this time of year. These books have different kinds of spookiness to them, some have a creepy atmosphere, some are scary and some are just books that I thought have an autumnal feeling about them.
Dangerous Remedy by Kat Dunn
A Treason of Thorns by Laura E. Weymouth
Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks
Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children #2) by Seanan McGuire
Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant
The Diviners by Libba Bray
The Passage by Justin Cronin
Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
The Creeper Man by Dawn Kurtagich
What are some books you’d recommend for the spooky season?
The Ultimate Recommendations book tag was created by Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx and its a fun tag where you recommend some of your favourite books. I wasn’t tagged for this but I thought it’d be fun to do anyway and I couldn’t stick to just one answer for some of the questions.
1) Recommend a book from one of your favourite genres – Three Mages and a Margarita by Annette Marie and House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas
2) Recommend a short book – Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire and This Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone
3) Recommend a book-to-screen adaptation – I can’t think of a specific answer for this question. Some tv series I’ve loved are based on books that I haven’t read yet so I don’t think I’ll pick them for this question. Catching Fire would probably be one of my favourite book to screen adaptions so I’ll pick that.
4) Recommend a book out of your comfort zone – In the Company of Killers series by J.A. Redmerski – This is a dark romance contemporary series about a group of killers/hit-men who are all very morally grey and the first book is about Sarai who has been held captive for a lot of years, she escapes and then ends up crossing paths with the group of killers.
5) Recommend a book series – The Diviners by Libba Bray and the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews
6) Recommend a standalone – Cinderella Is Dead by Kalynn Bayron and The Air You Breathe by Frances de Pontes Peebles
7) Recommend a book you don’t talk about enough– Mirage by Somaiya Daud and The Shadow Reader by Sandy Williams
8) Recommend your ‘staple’ book– City of Bones by Cassandra Clare – I don’t know if I’d call this a ‘staple’ book but I love the Shadowhunter world. City of Bones was one of the first books I read when I got into reading (after Harry Potter and Twilight) and I’ve been reading a Shadowhunter book almost every year since then.
9) Recommend the book/s that got you into reading – Harry Potter by J.K Rowling, The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S Lewis and Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
10) Recommend 3+ bloggers who recommend great books – Octavia @ Mermaid Reads, Emma @ Never Judge a Book by its Cover and Sofii @ A Book A Thought.
I’ll not tag anyone but if you want to do this tag you should just do it because who doesn’t love recommending books? What books would you recommend?