I saw a few people post about the Sunshine Blogger Award and it seemed like a lot of fun so I was very surprised when I was actually nominated to do this tag. Thanks so much to Emma @NeverJudgeaBookByItsCover and to Emer @ALittleHazeBookBlog for nominating me to do this. They both listed some really interesting questions and I’ll be answering them both in this post.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
• Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
• Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. Do you own multiple copies of any book? If yes then what book/s?
Yes, I own two copies of the first Harry Potter book, although one is a paperback and the other is the illustrated edition.
2. What is your current favourite song?
I love Kpop and GOT7 (one of my favourite kpop groups) had a comeback at the beginning of November and I’m still obsessed over it so my current favourite songs would be ‘You Calling My Name’ and ‘Crash & Burn’ by them and I’ve also been loving ‘Money’ by DAWN (I know I’m cheating by choosing three songs, haha).
3. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started book blogging because I wanted to talk about books with other people and because I’d already been following the book blogging community for years and I kind of already felt like I was a part of it before I started my blog so it felt easy to just start a blog after following the community for so long.
4. If you could get to spend the day with any celebrity who would you choose and what would you spend the day doing?
This is a difficult question because I don’t really have a ‘favourite’ celebrity or look up to many of them. I suppose for this question I’d choose Jackson from GOT7 because I think we’d have a laugh no matter what we did since he seems like such a funny person.
5. Have you any auto-buy authors?
Yes I have quite a few authors that I’d almost always auto-buy their books, like Taylor Jenkins Reid, Adam Silvera, Cassandra Clare, Sarah J Maas, Marie Lu.
6. What is your all time favourite TV show?
I’ve watched and loved so many tv shows so this is a hard question but I think a tv show that has consistently been my favourite is The 100, it’s such an amazing show with great characters.
7. What is the last book you either rated one star or DNFd?
I DNFed The Devouring Gray earlier in November, I don’t think it was a terrible book but it was just one I didn’t really care about so I decided to give up on it and move onto a book I would care about more.
8. Water, still or sparkling?
9. What is your favourite season?
10. What has been your favourite read of 2019?
I’ve read so many good books this year but my favourite would have to be The Air You Breathe by Frances de Pontes Peebles
11. I love contemporary books. What contemporary book would you recommend that I read?
I know I’m cheating but here are three recommendations: The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven, I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman and Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard.
1. If you could meet your favourite character, what would you say to them?
I’d probably choose Izzy O’Neill (from The Exact Opposite of Okay) and tell her how funny I think she is because her character really made me laugh.
2. Do you judge a book by it’s cover?
I do appreciate a nice looking cover and sometimes that’s what first attracts my attention to a book but mostly I try to not judge solely on the cover and at least check out the blurb to make sure it sounds like something I’d like.
3. What was your last 5 star book?
This Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone. I didn’t know what to expect from this book but I loved it, it’s a very uniquely told story.
4. Hyped books, yay or nay?
Probably nay since I mostly seem to end up being disappointed in them more than them living up to their hype but I still read a lot of them.
5. What bookish world would you visit and why?
The world of Harry Potter would definitely be an obvious answer for this one (I mean who wouldn’t want to go to Hogwarts) but I’m going to choose Narnia instead.
6. If you went to Hogwarts, what would be your favourite lesson?
My favourite lesson in school was always History so I think History of Magic would be great but it seems kind of boring compared to the other lessons so maybe I’d choose Charms or Potions.
7. Has there been a book that has surprised you this year?
Wildcard (Warcross book 2) by Marie Lu surprised me because I heard some mixed things about it when it came out so I put off reading it for a while so I was very surprised when I ended up enjoying it even more than the first book.
8. Can you name your top 3 books of 2019 so far?
I’ve read so many great books this year so here are just some of my favourites: The Air You Breathe by Frances de Pontes Peebles, This Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone, Under A Dancing Star by Laura Wood.
9. Write your current read in emojis?
10. What is one book you would recommend to everyone?
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
11. Favourite reading season, Winter, Spring, Summer or Autumn?
Since I don’t know who’s already did the Sunshine Blogger Award tag I’ll not nominate anyone. What would be some of your answers to these questions?